SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION TO THE VISEGRAD+ GRANT
The grant application submitted under the ID no. 22320101 with the project title Water Rennovation in Ukraine submitted by the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management, Department of Land Use was accepted on the 22nd of August, 2023.
- National University of Water and Environmental Engineering, Rivne, Ukraine (nuwm.edu.ua)
- Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Faculty of Horticulture and Landscape Engineering (http://www.fzki.uniag.sk)
- University of Agriculture in Krakow, Department of Water Engineering and Geotechnics, Poland (https://kiwig.urk.edu.pl/en)
- Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology, Czech Republic (https://mendelu.cz/)
The first project under the V4 grant #21650010, entitled "Sustainable Water Management and Hydrological Security in V4 group and Ukraine" and the second one under the V4 grant #21920227 "Visegrad-Water-Security" were completed successfully, where knowledge of students on the latest challenges and solutions in water management and engineering were broadened. Our cooperation continues with the organization of four practical schools organized at each partner university for receiving additional skills in the best European practices.
Aim of the project
Transferring the V4 universities' experience gives the students the best knowledge within the V4 countries and provides useful skills for the Ukrainian participants for rebuilding Ukraine's water sector. Additionally, the project supports a strong professional network among both the graduates and the lecturers, and scientists. And last but not least, students will have more information about the culture of each country of V4 group and Ukraine, and the common European values.
The implementation period is 25th September, 2023 – 15th March, 2025. The budget is 50,715 EUR.
Summer school in Poland
22—28 April, 2024
Water policy, hydrometry and flow modelling
- Hydrometry, measurements and data processing (Leszek Książek)
- Water policy in the EU (Mateusz Strutyński)
- Modelling of water flow in rivers (Maciej Wyrębek)
- Data Processing in GIS (Andrzej Strużyński)
Location: University of Agriculture in Kraków, Rudawa River
Summer school in Hungary
24—30 June, 2024
Precision agriculture, sustainable water use
- Remote sensing with UAV and mapping crop health and growth under different water regime (Ragán Péter, Tamás András)
- Precision irrigation planning and demonstration of dripping irrigation technology (Illés Árpád, Bojtor Csaba)
- Field measurements for the evaluation of water balance in soil, assessment of secondary salinization (Kovács Elza)
- Soil moisture conservation with proper tillage, water saving crop rotation – field experiments (Juhász Csaba)
Location: field experimental sites of the University of Debrecen Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, and Environmental Management
Summer school in Czech Republic
26 August – 1 September, 2024
Hydrology and water retention in the landscape
- Determination (measurement and modeling) of the parameters of the precipitation-runoff process and the water balance of forest micro-basins
- Hydrological and hydraulic laboratory - hydraulic modeling of hydrological processes
- Objects to retain water in forests - functionality, and measurement of basic parameters
Location: Mendel University in Brno, Living Laboratory, MENDELU Hydrological and Hydraulic Laboratory/Technical University
Summer school in Slovak Republic
21—27 October, 2024
Water in the town – water retention wastewater recycling and reuse
- Water balance in the town and agricultural landscape (measurement and modeling) of the parameters of the precipitation-runoff process and the water balance of urban micro-basins
- Rain water harvesting,
- Objects to retain water in the town and urban areas – functionality, and design of basic parameters.
- Biological nutrient recycling from the urban wastewaters and the wastewater from food production
Location: Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Faculty of Horticulture and Landscape Engineering, Environmental Center Climate-Landscape-Information
The Envirocenter building is under construction be completed by the end of 2023. It will have a rainwater management system and green roof.
The International Visegrad Fund
The organization supports regional cooperation between civil society organizations to advance their relations, exchange and share ideas and promote mutual understanding. Further information can be found at the website https://www.visegradfund.org.