Termination of student status
In terms of Rules and Regulations
In the following essential sections have been selected (the list is not intended to be exhaustive) from Rules and Regulations of University of Debrecen with regard to the termination of student status.
- Student status expires on the last day of the first final exam registration period in the final semester. (see Article 3 Student Status, Section 13, pages 7-8)
- The number of passive semesters may not exceed half of the original duration of the program (rounded up for programs with odd-semester lengths). In special cases requiring individual evaluation, the dean may lengthen this period by one additional semester. The duration of passive semesters may not exceed 2 contiguous semesters. The dean may approve a longer contiguous period based on a student request supported by reasons such as giving birth, suffering an accident, disease or other, unexpected reasons, which keep them from completing the study requirements and whose occurrence is beyond the influence of the student. (Article 3 Student Status, Section 8, page 7)
- General regulations pertaining to the termination of student status are to be found under Article 3 Student Status, Section 13-14, Section 16 page 7-8.
Provisions of Faculty Annex (takes effect from November 2015)
- The maximum number of passive semesters on BSc programmes of the faculty is 4 (four) on condition that the duration of passive semesters may not exceed 2 contiguous semesters. The maximum number of passive semesters on MSc programmes of the faculty is 2 (two).
- The student status of tuition fee paying students shall expire within the programme duration if he/she cannot obtain an average of 10 credit points in the last two active semesters.
- The maximum number of active semesters available for tuition fee paying students until obtaining the degree certificate is twice as much as the programme duration.
- Tuition fee paying students can register for a course maximum six times. In case the course was registered for the sixth time and the credits were not completed, the student’s student status will expire.
In terms of the provisions of the Immigration Office
The regulations of the immigration office are independent from those of Rules and Regulations. The total number of semesters available can be maximum one and the half as much as the programme duration.