Tasks and research portfolio of the research team:
- Marker-based and genome selection studies on farm animal breeds.
- Unique identification and tracing, pedigree testing, validation of breeding documentation with molecular genetic tools.
- Genetic and genomic diversity, phylogenetic studies on farm and wild animal species.
- Support of gene reserve protection and nature conservation programs with molecular genetic tools.
- Gene expression investigations and studies in basic research and product development (eg. animal health, nutrition, husbandry technology development).
- Nutrigenomic and nutrigenetic investigations.
- Embryo genetic and genomic investigations for increasing the efficiency of assisted reproductive systems.
- Animal Health screenings, diagnoses.
- Marker developments related to „Molecular breeding”.
- Epigenetic research.
- Research on mycotoxins in feeds and with regard to farm animals.
Last update: 2022. 08. 01. 19:31