Internship – Agricultural Environmental Management Engineering MSc
Environmental Management Engineering MSc students have to carry out a 4-week internship involved in the model curriculum. The course (Internship) should previously be signed up for via NEPTUN in the fall semester (semester 3) and should be undertaken in the summer of semester 2. Please note finding an appropriate internship place is time-consuming and difficult, therefore students are encouraged to start seeking a placement on time.
- Objective of internship, competences
- Students get acquainted with professional work in conformity with their degree program at the company or institution and join the daily work process. They have to resolve tasks individually assigned by their supervisor and gain experiences which may be utilized later in the labour market.
- During internship general and specific competences may be acquired.
General competences: precisely work to schedule either individually or in team, applying correct technical terms.
- Specific competences: practical application of the professional skills acquired during the studies and acquiring new knowledge.
- Places suitable for internship
All the organizations, institutions and companies which provide students with the opportunity to acquire proficiency in accordance with their specialization in the field of precision agriculture and agricultural environmental management.
- Documents necessary for starting and completing internship
Before applying for an internship place and upon the student’s special request the International Office (Faculty of Agricultural-, Food Sciences and Environental Management) can issue a certificate which proves that internship is mandatory and an integral part of the course of studies.
After students have found a suitable internship place, the following documents need to be submitted to the secreteriate of Institute of Water and Environmental Management (IWEM):
|Internship Application Announcement Sheet||1||student, Head of Institue||secretary of IWEM (building N, room 1)|
|Evaluation Sheet and Certificate||1||company||15th September||secretary of IWEM (building N, room 1)|
Please note Internship Application Announcement Sheet document should be submitted electronically (https://elearning.unideb.hu/course/view.php?id=8518) Evaluation Sheet and Certificate should be submitted electronically and in hard copy (with the report).
Initiating internship at the company and providing for the documents from the company is the student’s duty. If the student does not specify the receiving company or does not provide the documents on time, the responsible person for internship will refuse the internship papers.
- Execution of internship and its certification
- Duration of internship: 4 weeks.
- Besides completing internship, students have to write a 10-page report about the work done. The topic of the essay must be negotiated with the supervisor at the internship place. The topic should closely relate to the practical task completed by the intern and with which he/she has familiarized himself/herself previously.
- It is recomended (but not mandatory) to choose a topic which may be appropriate either for a thesis.
- The execution of the internship must be certified on the Evaluation Sheet and Certificate.
Recommended structure of the internship report
Cover page (student's name, student's Neptun-code, student's training program, internship place)
Table of contents
Introduction: Presentation and structure of the organization. Interpretation, purpose, brief theoretical summary of the task
Main chapter: Elaboration of the task
Conclusion: Evaluation of the results
List of references
Internship report and “Evaluation Sheet and Certificate” submission
- hard copy: secretary of IWEM (building N, room 1)
- soft copy should be uploaded on e-learning (https://elearning.unideb.hu/course/view.php?id=8518)
- Deadline: 15th September
Summary of the tasks and deadlines regarding internship
- student sign up for the course, Internship via NEPTUN in the fall semester,
- contacting the company and providing for Internship Application Announcement Sheet (1 copy) signed by the company.
- Upload Internship Application Announcement on e-learning (https://elearning.unideb.hu/course/view.php?id=8518)
- executing the 4-week internship in the summertime
- providing for Evaluation Sheet and Certificate at the end of internship and submitting it along with the report in the secretariate of IWEM (building N, room 1 to Mrs. Ildiko Huszka) AND should be uploaded on e-learning (https://elearning.unideb.hu/course/view.php?id=8518) by 15th September
In case of any questions arising from internship, please kindly turn to Budayné Bódi Erika (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).