Faculty: Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management
Academic discipline: Agricultural Science
Qualification: Precision Agricultural Engineering
Starting date: September 2023
Language requirements: English language proficiency (TOEFL 513/IELTS 5.5/oral examinaion)
Academic requirements: high school certificate; entrance examination mathematics and chemistry/biology [written and oral]
Duration: 7 semesters
Tution fee: 6,500 USD/year
Other fees: application fee 150 USD, entrance procedure fee 350 USD
Unique in Hungary and Europe, the training includes, in addition to the basic agricultural knowledge, the knowledge of precision agriculture, agricultural digitalisation, the application and operation of precision agricultural equipment, infocommunication tools, geoinformatics, data collection and data management, knowledge of the use of software in agriculture, knowledge of agricultural robotics, the basics of operating agricultural drones, knowledge of precision farming technology, the principles, structure and operation of precision farming advisory systems.
Lecture, seminar: 37,6%
Main subjects typically include (this list is indicative and may change):
Year. Main subjects
- Mathematics, Informatics, Mechanical knowledge, Inorganic and organic chemistry, Agro-chemistry, Botany, Physics, Plant physiology, Microbiology, Soil science, Agricultural basics, Horticulture, Plant pathology, Environmental management, Animal physiology.
- Statistics, Agrometeorology, Water management, Crop production, Animal husbandry, Land use, Integrated crop protection, Agricultural marketing and prices, Principles of microeconomics, Global food system, Agricultural computer application, Geospatial data analysis, Agricultural mechanics and robotics, Intro to Precision Agricultura and Lab, Farm machinery system management.
- Hydraulics, pneumatics, Technical writing in engineering, Quality management systems, Management and organisation knowledge, Technical consulting in precision farming, Organisation and economics of precision farming, Precision feeding and animal husbandry, Precision agr data mapping, Use of soil and plant sensors in crop production, Climate risk management and precision agriculture, Crop management with precision farming, Electrical diagnostics for farm machinery, Project work.
Internship, practice: Students should complete a 12-week professional practice in the last semester
Career prospects: Undergraduates may find employment in
- in small, medium and large agricultural enterprises
- in agricultural integrators, service and trading companies
- in consultancy networks
- in professional organisations
- in educational institutions and research institutes